TÉRMINOS Y CONDICIONES
COMMON TERMS AND CONDITIONS FORT HE SALVADOR AND HONDURAS WEB PAGES
Under this agreement, the payment processing services for goods and/or services purchased on this website are provided by Estricontio S.L. on behalf of Club de Playas Salinitas SA de CV or by Club de Playas Salinitas SA de CV, depending on the type of payment method used for the purchase of the goods and/or services.
In the event you choose to pay with credit card and the payment will be processed via a European Acquirer, these payment processing terms are an agreement between you and Estricontio S.L. For any other type of purchases, these terms are an agreement between you and Club de Playas Salinitas SA de CV and goods and/or services will be delivered by Club de Playas Salinitas SA de CV directly.
Club de playa Salinitas S.A. de C.V. (hereinafter “Salinitas”) acts as an intermediary between the users and those providing the included services (airlines, hotels and ground transportation, among others) and is responsible for structuring tourism packages to aid the traveler in obtaining air quotas and room reservations at Hoteles Decameron and/or those affiliated to the Decameron chain, request the required services and contract them on behalf of the user according to their availability, in line with the information provided by the service providers.
Travelers accessing this site or who acquire the tourism services offered therein, are responsible for reading and understanding the dispositions contained in these terms and conditions. If the provisions herein contained are not clear or you do not agree with any of them, please abstain from acquiring the published services.
- Club de Playa Salinitas S.A. de C.V.: A tourism operator, registered before the Costa Rican Tourism Institute. Acting as an intermediary between clients and those providing included services such as Airlines, ground transportation companies, ground operators, Hotels and Travel Agencies.
- Guest / Client: A person who uses the lodging, transportation, receptive, food and beverage and other services provided by Servincluidos Ltda. and/or Decameron.
- Airline: Organization dedicated to transportation of passengers or cargo by plane.
- E-TKT: An electronic document issued by an airline for the acquired air transportation services.
- Seasons: Specific times of the year, on which differential conditions and rates apply.
- Rooms: Part of a space in a hotel that is separate from other spaces, intended for guest’s rest.
- Connections: Airplane changes made by a client an intermediate city or cities before reaching their final travel destination.
- Reservation: Holding an air and/or hotel quotas for a specific date for a client during a specific period of time.
- Confirmed Reservation: Holding an air and/or hotel quotas for a specific date for a client during a specific period of time.This reservation does not have partial payments or deposits and does not comply with an established payment plan.
- Reconfirmed Reservation: Holding an air and/or hotel quotas for a client for a specific date until that service is rendered.This reservation has partial payments and complies with the established payment plan or is paid in full.
- Cancelled Reservation: Cancellation of holding of air and/or hotel quotas for a client for a specific date. This reservation does not have any partial payments or deposits.
- Voucher: A document containing all data of a reconfirmed reservation with full payment of a tourism service with a reservation code, which must be presented by the client to the service providers with which he or she has a reconfirmed reservation to effect the use of the purchased services.
- Invoice: Corresponds to the document confirming full payment of the tourism plan.
- No show: Non-showing of a client to a previously purchased plan without notification and that may imply losing the plan itself.
- Reimbursement: Economic operation through which a client is reimbursed for part or all of the money he or she had previously given as payment for a plan.
- Tourism Card: Tax charged in some countries and/or destinations to allow entry of non-residents to their territory for a temporary period of time.
- Destination: Area, place or zone where a client is headed for which he or she purchased a plan.
- Travel Plan: A set of tourism services commercialized in a unique way containing services such as lodging, food, transportation and other services, for which a price is paid which takes into account all the services and does not establish an individual price for each service provided.
- Promotional or Special Plan: A temporary offer of products under special and favorable or free conditions as an incentive for the consumer. A promotion may also be understood as the offering of product with additional content to its usual presentation, free of charge or at a reduced and temporary price. Also, that which is made through the consumer incentive system, such as raffles, contests and others, in money, king or point accumulation.
- Penalty: Economic sanction resulting from noncompliance with one or several previously agreed conditions or circumstances for the travel plan.
- Complementary Services: Additional tourism services not included in the tourism plan and optional for the user/traveler.
- Infant, Child and Adult: Infants are those under 2 years of age, Children are those between 2 and 11 years as of the date of arrival to the hole and Adults are persons older than 12 years of age.
9.2. LIABILITY CLAUSE
Hoteles Decameron Guatemala SA as intermediary of tourism services, is responsible for:
- Structuring tourism packages to facilitate obtaining air and ground quotas for clients, as well as booking of rooms at Hoteles Decameron and/or its affiliates.
- Requesting required services and contracting them on behalf of the user (air tickets, lodging, food and beverages, ground transportation or any other service required by the user) subject to their availability.
- Notifying the users of the value of rates, taxes, requirements, documents and all other relevant information for the user when acquiring tourism plans.
- Reimbursing the money paid by the user within the established term when they exercise their right to detract or withdraw, less any established penalty.
- Salinitas is only liable for inconveniences during structuring of the tourism plans contracted by the users.
- Salinitas will not be liable for the failure to render acquired services in cases of force majeure or unforeseen circumstances.
- Salinitas is not liable for changes made by contracted services providers or unforeseen circumstances such as:
- Delays at airports, flight delays, Hotel congestion, quarantines and other force majeure or unforeseen event circumstances that alter the normal development of the provision of tourism services, in which case, if the contracted service providers cannot partially or fully provide said services, reimbursement will only be negotiated for the corresponding amount excluding any other commitment.
- Accidents, losses or damages suffered by the clients as a consequence of recklessness or non-observance of instructions and/or rules during the stay, whether by the airlines, hotels or tourism service providers.
- Losses or damages caused by neglect or non-delivery of jewelry and/or goods owned by clients.
- 3. Salinitas will not be liable for the failure to provide contracted services due to causes attributable to the user.
9.3. GENERAL CONDITIONS
- All prices and rates published in this site are subject to change, availability and validity without prior notification and regulation of rate rules for hotel and air travel plans. However, the rate confirmed at the time of purchase does NOT vary. Taxes, rates and contributions affecting air, hotel and other service’s rates offered by Salinitas may vary at any time due to dispositions of the National Government or foreign entities, as applicable, which must be assumed by the guest/client at the time of issuance of the air tickets, plan or tourism package. Restrictions and conditions apply for each published rate according to its validity.Hotel rates depend on the selected accommodation. Plan prices are calculated based on double occupancy per person. When the requested accommodations are for triple or quadruple rooms, the price per plan per additional passenger is the same as for double occupancy, except for Hotels in Jamaica, for which the additional or triple rate is lower; at the San Luis and Aquarium hotels in San Andres, the maximum occupancy allowed is triple. Accommodation for single occupancy has an additional nightly surcharge as published.
RATES DO NOT INCLUDE: long distance phone calls, laundry service, safety deposit boxes, medical assistance, medicines, scuba diving lessons and charges not expressly specified in the plan you acquire. Except for Radisson Decapolis Panama, Radisson San Isidro and Radisson Miraflores in Peru and Decameron Salinitas in El Salvador which include free internet service.
c. Before acquiring the tourism plans published in this website, you must inquire about the characteristics and maximum accommodation allowed by the hotel.
d. Food service conditions included in the travel plan will be provided by the hotel at check-in and until check-out.
e. The rates of the tourism plans valid at the time of confirmation of sale and payment of the travel plan will be honored.
Airport taxes, as well as the administrative rate applicable for issuance of the ticked and the respective taxes, are subject to the provisions of each airline. The difference between said rates will be borne by the plan purchaser.
f. Quotes issued show availability and values at the moment of issuance and do not imply confirmation of air ticket or hotel availability. A quote does not guarantee availability in a fare class or quoted hotel, nor the rates shown therein; if reservation and payment for plan travel plan services is done at a later time. Reconfirmation is subject to payment in full of the reservation.
g. Plans are packaged with air tickets, ground or only-hotel rates, which apply to all the national territory and may be reserved through the Salinitas offices and/or the www.decameron.com web page.
The minimum stay for packages with air tickets if three (3) nights is required for all plans. Each tourism plans includes specific services. You must therefore inquire about the validity, services, conditions and restrictions of the plan you will acquire.
Hotel-only plans have a minimum stay of two (2) nights, from El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras, and must be booked directly at the Salinitas offices.
h. There are validities and specific conditions that may apply to some plans that do not include the specific conditions described herein. Therefore, you must inquire about the currency, services, conditions and restrictions of the plan you will acquire.
i. Salinitas will not reimburse balances of partially used plans.
j. Food service conditions included in the travel plan will be provided by the hotel at check-in and until check-out.
k. Penalties for airlines flight and/or date changes must be paid directly at the airline offices.
l. If the traveler cancels a reservation within the established terms and wished to travel at a later date, the value paid will be credited to the new plan, less any penalties, and the new plan will be subject to availability. The traveler must bear the costs generated due to price changes and taxes for the new reservations.
m. Cancelled plans will receive a credit note for the value paid minus the established penalties to be used within the following six months.
n. Penalties established for cancellation of tourism plans apply for individual plans as well as for group plans. The traveler must verify the terms and conditions of the selected plan, which will be published in the Decameron webpage and delivered with the tourism services contract. Penalties shall be paid according to the amounts established in section [ ] of these policies.
o. The visitor must verify the conditions of each Plan since supplements may apply according to room type and for weekends, for all plans during all seasons. These supplements are liquidated on a per person and per night basis.
p. Connections of travelers with final destination Royal Decameron Mompiche in Quito – Ecuador will be made with TAME airlines. The cost of this segment is included in the value of the Plan. The connection may require overnight stay of the travelers in Quito, the costs of which will be paid by the traveler and are not included in the value.
9.4. APPLIES TO ALL PLANS
Numeral 9 of the terms and conditions lists some recommendations that must be taken into consideration by clients when acquiring Salinitas’ services and the tourism plans offered. The analysis of this information resulted in the following:
- For plans to San Andrés and the Amazon, the passenger must pay the value of the tourism card and/or departure tax at the airport. Salvadorian and Honduran travelers with final destination in Colombia the passenger must get the yellow fever vaccine at least 10 days before travelling.
- The maximum baggage allowance per passenger for international flights is subject to the policies and conditions of each airline. The traveler must verify the maximum allowances. For the internal Providencia flights, the maximum allowance is 10 kilos.
- As a general rule, the check-in time at the hotel is 3:00 p.m. and the check-out time is 1:00 p.m. Plans to Royal Decameron Baru, Royal Decameron Punta Centinela, Megapolis, Radisson Decapolis Panama, Radisson Miraflores and Hotel Radisson San Isidro have a check-out time of 12.00m.
If the user needs to modify the check-in or check-out time, he or she must request this change to the hotel which will confirm availability and an additional charge.
- Airline and ticket holder changes are not allowed or reconfirmed plans.
- The value of applicable penalties will be discounted from the valued paid by the passenger and/or agency. It is the passenger’s duty to verify the terms and conditions of the airline with which he or she acquired the tourism package.
- Promotional plans are NON-modifiable, refundable, reviewable or reimbursable, during any season. These conditions also apply for promotional plans reserved with a deposit.
- Minors who do not enter the hotel with their parents must present the following documents: i) an authorization from the parents to enter the hotel accompanied by a third party, an original copy which must contain the signature and content recognized before a notary public; ii) a copy of the minor’s civil registry; iii) a copy of the parent’s identification who signed the authorization and iv) and a copy of the document of the person authorized to travel with the minor. Entry will not be allowed without these documents. The entry authorization does not substitute the authorization to leave the country, which must be processed according to the requirements of the country’s migration authority.
- For calculation purposes of the terms established herein, all days will be considered calendar days and will be counted as of the date of the request with presentation of all documents.
- Regarding ground transportation, the traveler is responsible for the custody and care of his or her luggage and other personal belongings. Travelers are advised to be present during all luggage loading and unloading operations.
- It is recommended that the client be present at the rendezvous point for airport – hotel –airport transfers at least 15 minutes before the scheduled time for departure. The client assumes the obligation to comply with the specific rules established by the service provider during the transfer.
- All travelers, without exception (including minors), must have all their personal and family documentation in order, a passport with a minimum validity of 6 months and a National Identification Document, as well as visas and licenses, as required by the laws of the country or countries visited.
- Salinitas only acts as an agent and intermediary and abides by the penalty policies established by each airline.
Reservations with direct payment at the hotel are not accepted. If the passenger wishes to pay directly at the hotel, he or she will be subject to rates quoted at his or her arrival and applied at that time.
- Hotels do not accept entry and/or stay of pets.
9.5. PAYMENT OF RESERVATIONS
For stays at the Hotel Royal Decameron Salinitas at El Salvador, the due dates for payment of the deposit of 50% initial payment and/or total payment of the plan will be informed upon reservation. Reservation of a single night is allowed for low season. A per person supplement may apply for Saturday night reservations. Minimum stay for high season is 3 nights.
For stays at Royal Decameron Golf, Beach & Resort Villas Hotels, full payment is required prior to traveling. Minimum stays are four (4) nights during Christmas and new year’s seasons. For all other Decameron hotels, the minimum stay is two (2) nights. The guest must confirm the reservation payment policy at the hotel where he or she will be staying.
Right of retraction or cancellation of tourism plans
For individual reservations, cancellation or date and/or accommodation changes are allowed according to the following guidelines:
Visitors have the right to exercise their retraction right within eight (8) days after purchasing the Tourism Plan.
Modification of Tourism Plans.
HOTEL ROYAL DECAMERON SALINITAS AT EL SALVADOR
Date and/or accommodation changes are allowed for individual reservation subject to the following parameters:
For trips scheduled during low or mid-season, changes must be requested at least 72 hours before travelling.
For trips scheduled during high season, changes must be requested at least 72 hours before travelling.
Date and/or accommodation changes are subject to current rates as of the cancellation date and airline and hotel availability.
Cancellations made outside the specified times will be charged a first night penalty. No shows will also be charged for the first night.
Our plans are non-refundable and non-endorsable, whereby Salinitas reserves the right to review the possibility of reimbursement only in cases of force majeure and unforeseen circumstances, in which case a credit note for the value paid minus any established penalties will be issued, with a 6-month validity.
INTERNATIONAL PLANS AND/OR OTHER DECAMERON HOTELS
Visitors who acquire international tourism plans or to other Decameron hotels may make changes 72 hours before travelling.
Date or flight modification:
Once the air ticket is issued, the penalty for changes is USD$150 per ticket plus the taxes of the country of origin, which must be paid directly at the airline for ticket reissue and all changes are subject to rate leveling.
Due to airline regulations, no rate is refundable, transferable or endorsable. The traveler must verify the airline’s policies.
Changes or cancellation of Searca tickets for the island of Providencia in Colombia will result in a USD$50 penalty per ticket.
Cancellation of the plan within the abovementioned terms will result in a per person charge as established by the transporter for the airport – hotel – airport transfer. This penalty will be added to other penalties.
9.7. TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
MEXICO: Travelers from El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras require a valid Mexican or US visa, and a passport with a minimum validity of 6 months. It is recommended to verify requirements and permits for minors with the Immigration office.
PANAMA: Travelers from El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras require a passport with a minimum validity of 6 months and if they have previously traveled to Colombia, Brazil, Peru or Venezuela they require a yellow fever vaccine. This vaccine is mandatory for travelers from El Salvador and Honduras.
JAMAICA: A Jamaican visa is required for travelers from El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras as well as a passport with a minimum validity of 6 months.
9.8. CONFIRMATION OF THE TRAVEL PLAN
The traveler will need the following documents to confirm his or her travel plan:
Invoice: The document confirming payment in full of the Travel Plan.
Voucher: The document that accredits the reconfirmed reservation with payment in full of the acquired services. Vouchers issued for each service must be presented to the corresponding operator in order to gain access thereto.
The above documents will be delivered physically or electronically, and it is the traveler’s responsibility to validate that the information corresponds to the requested services and he or she must present the physical vouchers and in good condition to the corresponding operator in order to gain access thereto.
9.9.PREVENTION OF EXPLOITATION AND SEXUAL TOURISM OF MINORS
Hoteles Decameron and Club de Playa Salinitas S.A. de C.V. warn the tourist that the exploitation and sexual abuse of minors is considered a crime in this country and is therefore punishable with jail.